Wednesday, May 29, 2013

SoCal Adventures

I have not blogged in an entire month. I really do apologize.

I spent all of last week in Southern California.








Spent the first three days down south in San Diego. My aunt Kathy and uncle Don had gotten a timeshare there in Mission Valley for a few days to celebrate my grandpa's 80th birthday, and had invited my sister and I to accompany the four of them. First full day there I went off by myself. Did some thrift shopping, got my Which Wich? fix (we unfortunately don't have these in Fresno!!!), and went to La Jolla shores just to walk along the coastline. Second day we all went to the San Diego zoo today, which was a whole lot of fun, despite how sore my legs were for walking 5-6 hours straight. Must have been the most my sister and I had hung out one on one ever. Thursday took my sister to the beach, and then we did some shopping before heading up to Corona where my grandparents and uncle Jim and aunt Shelly live. Friday, my parents drove down to join us all, as did my uncle Gary who flew in from Seattle. It was the first time since '91 that all the siblings on my mom's side of the family had all been in the same place at once. It was really nice, and I actually felt like I really bonded with her side of the family, which isn't something that happens often at all. It was a really nice change of pace.
After my grandpa's birthday dinner that evening, I headed off to Chain Reaction to catch Dayseeker's show before heading back home. Really fun show.
This song here is great.

Anyway, I promise to try to get back on the grind with this here ol' blog. Can't believe I went an entire month without blogging at all. I'm ashamed of myself.

Hope you all are incredibly well!
xo
Maddie

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, looks like you've been having a good time! Southern California? I'm so jealous. :P

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete