Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fields & Forests, Love & Lust



































































































Shorts; Cheap Monday via Urban Outfitters
Lace Bralette; Forever 21
Crescent quill necklace; My Salvation
Turquoise jewelry; Gifts from my grandmother
Vest; Borrowed from friend
Lace maxi dress; Azkara
Shoes; Payless

Photography by Yezmene Fullilove

So yesterday my friend Yezmene called the troops together to do a sort of James Dean inspired photo shoot. Jon, Ellie, and I. We ended up driving north on the 41, and stopping somewhere in the hills, and hiked our way into the fields. I for some reason thought it would be a good idea to wear open toed heels. The heels weren't so much a problem as the open toes were. Dirt and stickers and burrs all over the place. I think I learned my lesson (we'll see come next time, hah). After that, we drove a bit further and ended up near the river right at Friant Dam. It's been incredibly hot here lately, and we were all exhausted by the time we were over. It was an awesome day though. I live for the adventures with good friends like this. Seriously the most fun I've had in awhile. Just roaming around the countryside not a care in the world. It was a beautiful day. And I must say, I'm pretty happy with how these shots came out.

P.S. - I finally got my hair cut. The whole asymmetric thing was getting out of hand, and it'd lost all shape in the back. Thanks to amazing friend and future professional, Dani, my hair now has shape again and can grow out evenly!

Hope all of you are having a great week!

xo
Maddie

5 comments:

  1. Wow these photos are both badass and beautiful. Loving that lace Bralet and your hair girl. And there really is nothing like just having a good adventure with some good friends! <3

    www.coveredinthrift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome photoshoot love!

    trendyandtipsy.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg omg omg that turquoise choker is too good to be true! going bonkers over it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you through Chictopia - love your blog! Great style, and great pics :)

    aminorobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete