Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Year In Retrospect

Now I'm not one to believe in New Years resolutions, as you shouldn't need an excuse to make a change or to better yourself. I've already started working on all this without the coming of a new year.
This year hasn't necessarily been the best for me, but I've probably grown and matured more this year than ever before. I've made a whole hell of a lot of mistakes (not even just this past year, but years previous as well). But I've learned so much from every single one of them. I've matured so incredibly much (it's nice when your parents and other people you look up to you tell you what a difference they see in you), I've discovered who I am and what I'm about, what my passions are, and what things are actually of importance to me. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, love, music, art (encompassing style/fashion, writing, blogging), family, and the friends whom are closest and dearest to me. I've hardened myself and become a bit of a bitch over recent years, but have also realized that that's not really who I am. I let the bitterness of the world get to me. 


I'm trying to be less cynical. I've ran from those who have been closest and of most importance to me, and I am trying so hard to redeem myself, and to correct what happened between us. Want you in my life more than anything, and I'm so sorry for my bullshit excuses. I'm working on rebuilding these relationships.
Most importantly, I'm drawing closer to my Savior again, and working on strengthening my relationship with Him. I've strayed far too many times, and I want nothing more than to remain close now. He has provided with me way more than I need, much less deserve (which isn't much, if anything, at all), and I am so incredibly blessed and grateful for all that I have.


I, also, must remain true to what my chest piece reads ("Love is the Answer"), and start spreading the love like I should have been all along.



Music is one of my biggest passions and inspirations in this life, and although I'm no musician myself, it means the world to me, and I involve myself however possible. In come Kuppajoe. This place is my getaway, my release, my second home, my support group, and my place of worship. Kuppajoe is the perfect example of what the church should be: loving, non-discriminatory, and a place where we can all get together and read, discuss, and celebrate the word of Christ, all in fellowship with one another. 
Blogging is also big for me. It's my creative escape where I can share everything that means something to me. My style, my own writing, music that pulls at my heartstrings, my emotions and thoughts, and just daily ramblings. It's my way of expressing myself to the world.



Now I know a lot of people get bored with these long text posts, but writing is just as, if not more, important to me as any of these photos I share with you all. So if you did read through this all, I love you and appreciate you so much. And even if you didn't, I love you regardless. 

I know this is a long one, but I hope you all have started your year off wonderfully, and I wish you all the utmost happiness and success.

I love you all.
xo
Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment